The list of new features and improvements is very impressive, notably the support for extensions has been introduced, as well as a new Maps app, which I believe should make its way to non-insiders running Windows 10 Mobile soon.
Let's take a look at the list of new features and improvements that's available on this new Build:
Edge now supports extensions! Microsoft also made available 3 extensions you can install on the Edge browser. One of the available extensions is the Bing Translator extensions, which allows you to translate any foreign page to English, I have been looking forward to this for a while, but it isn't yet available on Windows 10 Mobile, so I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer.
Here is a video from Microsoft on how to install and use the new Edge browser extensions...
Next, is the option to now pin tabs to Edge browser, so every time to launch the browser, those tabs are immediately available. This is a very useful option and quite frankly, I cannot believe I never noticed it wasn't there all along. Well, it is here now!
Edge browser now has a new option in its context menu for copying links and immediately opening them, it is called the "paste and go" option and it is pretty handy and thoughtful of Microsoft to add that.
The maps app also got a HUGE update with a ton of new features and improvements:
- One-tap access to search and directions from anywhere, even on your phone. This is great especially for one-handed use.
- You can view multiple searches and directions at the same time, on the same map as they are layered on top of each other and you can use tabs or the map to switch between them.
- You can now minimize search results, directions, and location info to enjoy more of the map, while keeping them in easy reach.
- You can see labels for your search results directly on the map. No more numbers to match between the map and the list.
- Cortana will give you turn-by-turn directions (if Cortana is enabled).
- We have improved the logic for nearby searches so you should see better (closer) results.
- We have added the ability to search for your favorite city in the 3D cities list so no more scrolling forever to get to the city you want.
- You can now access your favorites offline and add notes to them.
- We have updated the turn-by-turn design to improve glanceability and landscape layout.
There are other new features like the new Alarm UI for setting alarm time and improvements to the Japanese keyboard.
There are also a bunch of fixes implemented in this build for both PC and Mobile as well as known issues that come with this build.
You can check them all out and in detail by visiting Microsoft Blog