Microsoft has just released its first Windows 10 Mobile Redstone Build 14267 to Windows Insiders on the Fast Ring.
This same build was also released to Windows 10 devices yesterday and the new features are pretty much the same with the Desktop version.
It is important to note that the redstone build 14267 is only available to the Lumia 950/XL, 550 and Xiaomi Mi4. These devices ship with Windows 10 Mobile onboard, but we should see the recently released Lumia 650 on this list by the time the next redstone build is available or maybe before then. Microsoft also says that other Lumia models will be added along the way (soon)
[UPDATE] WMPU is reporting that the redstone build 14267 is also available on the Lumia 650!
The new changes/features/improvements are:
Search for music easier with Cortana: Microsoft has returned the Music search button to its original position in Cortana UI. If you hadn't noticed, it was gone and the only way you could access it was to first put Cortana in listening mode, then you will see it in the top right corner, that was so inconvenient, but that's fixed now and the music search is now back to its easily accessible position.
WordFlow has been enabled in the address bar in Edge browser. Microsoft took this feature out in the past but after resounding user feedback, it is back.
You can now easily open an InPrivate tab.
There is now a download prompt to allow users choose where to save downloaded files.
Microsoft also fixed a bunch of issues with this latest build:
Here’s what’s fixed
- We fixed an issue where shape writing would ignore every second word when typing into a text box on a website in Microsoft Edge.
- After installing the Polish keyboard, typing a word that should be accented now offers the recommended accented word. For example – if you type the word “milosc” it should properly autocorrect to “miłość”.
- We have resolved an issue where you could not hide the navigation bar in Windows Phone 8.1 apps like WhatsApp, Twitter, Weibo, Flixster and others.
- We fixed an issue where videos recorded onto SD memory cards would result in a large number of dropped frames.
- There should be improved app launch reliability and certain crashes that were causing the phone to reboot are also fixed.
- We’ve polished the Live tile animations and improved the logic for refreshing Live tiles.
- We’ve made reliability improvements for keyboards with large dictionaries such as the Hinglish keyboard.
That being said, I don't recommend using this build on your daily driver, if you have a spare Windows Phone, use that. These new redstone build will be coming in fast (for those on the fast ring), and with great speed comes a lot of bugs/issues. So get a secondary Windows Phone.
Remember to leave feedback if you notice any issues or have suggestions or ideas in the Windows Feedback app.
To read the full article on this build, visit this Windows Blog page