After releasing Windows 10 Build 10166 for PCs earlier this week.
Microsoft followed up with a Build 10166 for Windows 10 Mobile too.
This build brings more improvements to the overall quality of the UX, as well as a few UI changes.
Let's take a look at some of them...
- So most of the known issues experienced in previous Build 10149 have been fixed.
- The old Windows Phone store is no longer available as the new Windows Store takes over, it's "beta" tag has been removed too and it has a nice animation when opening the store app and my most requested feature is that now you can open apps directly from the store.
- Transparent tiles for Store and Edge browser apps
- New startscreen wallpapers added
- The battery icon has also been resized and is bigger now.
- The volume control has rounded edges now.
- The people tile (in large size) has a nice (other say awkward) animation with your contacts showing in circles.
- Audio files show Groove Music icon now
- Multiple Account support
- Game hub integrated into the Xbox App
At some point, I would love to see the Podcasts app integrated into the Groove Music app and the Games Hub integrated into the Xbox companion app (though it looks like this will happen as your Phone games are already in the Xbox app).
I like that Microsoft is really polishing up the Windows 10 Mobile OS, this will make it very usable and as a result will attract more insiders to give feedback and improve the OS even further.
As you might recall, the same thing happened with Windows 10 for PCs, once the build got significantly improved on (early this year), the number of Windows insiders increased and is now at 5million insiders!
So expect more and more people to sign up for Windows 10 Mobile insider program as Microsoft continues to improve its UI/UX.
Stay tuned for a hands on video showcasing these new changes...