A video has surfaced courtesy of Chinese website WPXAP, showing a new 12544 Build for Windows Phone 10 TP. This build brings with it a slew of mouth-watering new features.
While the video is in Chinese, you can clearly see the new features coming to Windows Phone 10.
Here's a breakdown of what's coming based on this video...
- The Start-screen is now even more customizable than ever before, you can now choose the opacity of the live tiles, you also have the option to use the parallax effect or the image in the background and finally there are now a whole lot more colors to pick from for your tiles.
- The navbar in the Project Spartan bfrowser has been slightly redesigned, though the address bar hasn't been moved to the bottom yet (a feature most users are asking for)
- There is a new Lumia camera 5.5 app, with what looks like a new grid finder layout.
- Then a surprise feature is the developer mode, sound familiar? Yes, it is like the developer mode on Android phones and this one in this build for Windows 10 allows you to sideload apps to your Lumia, so you don't need to get your apps from the store anymore, if you have the file you can just transfer it to your Lumia and install (while in developer mode). This is something Symbian users are used to.
- Also a relief to see is the new revamped Windows Phone Store (Beta), a universal app no doubt as it looks just like its Windows 10 PC version. IT is still in beta stage so expect it to be limited in functionality
- The People hub has also been slightly redesigned as the medium letter tiles are now available for easy access to your contacts based on first letters.
- Microsoft Word and OneNote universal apps are also shown in the video, with their new robust functions and more.
There are rumours that there will be another bigger update to the Windows Phone 10 TP Build before this year's Microsoft BUILD event kicks off in San Francisco starting next week, April 29th till May 1st.
Let's hope we get all these and maybe more before Wednesday next week. Fingers crossed.