Microsoft just announced the Lumia 640 at MWC 2015 today 2nd of March 2015, the latest Lumia phone with the Microsoft branding (after the Lumia 535).
I think a lot of Windows Phone users will be mightily impressed by what this very very affordable device is packing under its hood...
This is an impressive affordable Lumia phone and I will tell you why...
- A 5-inch 720p HD display with ClearBlack Display technology (for visibility under direct sunlight), capacitive multipoint-touch technology on the touch screen and all is protected by Corning's Gorilla Glass 3.
- It is 8.8mm thick and weighs in at 145g, rather heavy but then it is a 5inch display phone so that's acceptable
- It comes with Qualcomm's SnapDragon 400 processor, Quad-Core and clocks at 1.2GHz.
- It has 8GB internal Storage space
- 1GB RAM memory
- Free 30GB OneDrive storage (though you get 1 year of 1TB storage space with your free 1yr. Office subscription)
- A MicroSD slot that can support up to 128GB
- It uses a MicroSIM or two Micro SIMs if you have the DualSIM version.
- The camera is a 8MP Auto-Focus with 4x digital zoom, f2.2 aperture, 28mm focal length with a minimum focus range of 10cm.
- The camera records at full HD: 1080p @ 30fps with 4x zoom and continuous focus
- The front facing camera is a full HD 0.9MP wide angle lens with f2.4 aperture and focal length of 24mm and it also records full HD; 720p resolution
- The battery has a 2500mAh capacity and a standby time of 36days!
Here is teh official promo video...
The Microsoft Lumia 640 will be available in April for 139€ (for the 3G version) and 159€ (for the LTE version)
you can check out more about this Lumia 640 by visiting: Lumia Conversations