Remember whenever there was a major soccer competition, the go to app was Nokia Goal.
If you were a Symbian user and loved football, I'm sure you remember.
But that's past, we live in today, not yesterday and today, we do not have a Nokia Goal app anymore, or any good World Cup app or so I thought, because we have always had a world cup app, it has been there right under our noses the whole time. Let me introduce you to Bing World Cup app.
How to turn Bing Sports app to the Ultimate World Cup Companion App on Windows Phone...
1. Obviously, you want to install the Bing Sports app first from the Windows Phone store, don't worry it's free.
|Download Bing Sports Free|
2. Swipe to the My Sports pane and select the plus (+) button at the bottom.
3. Here you can select what tournaments you want to follow, search for "World Cup" or scroll down and check the World Cup 2014 tournament.
4. Go back to the My Sports pane and hold down on the World Cup 2014 and pin it to your start screen. It support all 3 live tile sizes (3 sizes if you are running Windows Phone 8.1 of course).
5. If you want to get the latest news from your country or whichever country you support, you can add it to your My Teams list and pin it to your start screen to get live up-to-date news on how your country is doing at the tournament.
This Bing World Cup app is better than most I have tried from the Windows Phone store.
The UX is really cool, the overall design is pleasing, it is also very informative.
There is even a trivia section under the SLIDESHOW pane, that gets you in the world cup mood, by sharing some fun facts, like highest scorers to a slideshow of all mascots used since the world cup started. Pretty neat stuff.
So the final question is... Who you rooting for?