Better late than never I guess... The last Nokia update to its Lumia devices, the Lumia Black update is finally available on Verizon's Lumia 822 and 928.
Here is the Changelog:
- Daily delighters: lock the screen rotation, close apps easily in the app switcher, use custom ringtones for messaging and mail, among other things
- Update to Nokia Camera that combines Nokia Smart Camera and Nokia Pro Camera. Available from the Store app.
- Get the latest version of Nokia Glance Screen – see quick status notifications, for example, about calendar and messaging events on the lock screen.
- Bluetooth 4.0 LE – preserve energy while staying connected via Bluetooth
- Get enriched camera performance, enhanced battery monitoring, and other stability and usability improvements
This update has been available for a few months now and with the release of the SDK for Windows Phone 8.1, Verizon users were beginning to think they wouldn't get the update.
The main feature here is the Nokia Camera app (that combines SmartCam and ProCam together).
This update also enhances the camera's performance with improved image processing and oversampling, though I think this is more of a pureview enhancement (don't think this applies to the 822 and other non-Pureview phones).
The App switcher now allows you to close apps by using the X button at the top right, instead of using the back button, which has always been strenuous.
This update also enables Bluetooth LE on Lumia devices.
App folder is also introduced, allowing you to group apps under one tile.
Nokia Apps like StoryTeller, Beamer, Refocus, Glance Screen 2.0 are also available with this update.