Chris Weber, Nokia US President was interviewed/grilled by Howard Chui (from Howard Forums) on the state of Nokia and its move forward with Windows Phone.
Here are a few pointers to get from the 21mins video interview:
If you feel the video is too long, here are the main pointers I grabbed after watching it, most are already information we already knew, and Chris is reiterating...
- The Marketplace (WP app store) had 6,000 before the Nokia partnership, and today it has grown to 90,000+ apps.
- We should expect some Iconic Nokia devices in the future.
- Pure-view technology used on the 41MP Nokia 808 will come to future Lumia devices.
- Consumers would expect some nice surprises/delights on the platform from Nokia in the very near future.
- Nokia will be bringing enhancements to the WP OS, specific to Nokia.
- More Nokia unique Apps are coming to the "Nokia Collection" section of the marketplace
- Nokia is currently evaluating whether or not to bring its Music service (Mix Radio) to the US.
- Nokia's focus in order to succeed in the US is based on 4 key areas: Design, Imaging, Location&Commerce, and unique apps.
- Nokia wouldn't be revealing sales numbers of the Lumia 900, until it has gained 100% market share of the mobile industry.
- There is no plan B should windows phone fail to make an impact.
- and no comment on when we will see a WP8 phone