That's makes it possible for really low-end low-budget WP7 phones, allowing the WinPho7 platform to compete in the low, mid and high range of devices.
However, this comes as a price, a lot of features we take for granted on the normal WinPho7 will not be available on 256mb RAM Tango update, features like:
- Processor intensive apps wouldn't be able to run on this update, Microsoft says that 5% of apps right now (fragmentation anyone??)
- Fast app switching
- Local Scout
- Limited number of supported video compression formats
- You wouldn't be able to manage audio and video podcasts
- Skydrive auto upload.
So that's quite a few, but that's the price you pay for a very low end WP7.
On the other hand, a lot of improvements have been made, improvements like:
- Attach multiple pics, video, audio to multimedia message (MMS)
- New Location awareness icon
- Import and export contacts between your phone and SIM card.
|new location based icon on Tango|
So here's a video demoing some of the new features on a pre-release version of Tango, video was uploaded by windowsphonehacker.com, and it shows an emulation of what the Tango update is like and a few of the features:
Sources: Neowin & windowsphonehacker