Nokia Morph is a phone that can change shape according to the user's preferences, sounds like something out of a Sci-Fi flick doesn't it? well, this is no Star Trek or "back to the future" gimic, this is real life.
Nokia has managed (thanks to nano-technology) to make a phone that can bend and twist to any shape of form:
Here's a video explanation:
Well now that you see it, you have got to believe it. Just the other day we saw Nokia file patent for it's vibrating tattoo, now this; I tell you those guys over at Nokia's R&D labs don't get any sleep.
And this is a more recent application of the Nokia Morph:
They have now filed patent for this "transformer device"
And if you care for a read, here's is what is claimed in the patent:
1. An apparatus comprising: a transformable body configured to be elastically stretchable between at least a first configuration and a second configuration; a user output device; a user input device configured to receive user input signal; a communication interface configured to provide a wireless link for the apparatus; a flexible interconnection between at least two components within the transformable body; at least one processor; and at least one memory including computer program code, the at least one memory and the computer program code being configured to, with the at least one processor, cause the apparatus at least to perform: determine user information based on the user input signal; transmit at least part of the user information over the wireless link to a remote processing unit; receive feedback information from the remote processing unit; and present the feedback information to the user utilizing the user output device.
2. The apparatus of claim 1, wherein the apparatus is wearable on a user skin.
3. The apparatus of claim 2, wherein the apparatus is attached to the user skin using at least one of the following: adhesive material, deforming a wrap-around to a body part of the user and a suction cup.
4. The apparatus of claim 1, wherein the user input device comprises at least one of the following: a microphone, a flexible touch screen and a sensor.
5. The apparatus of claim 1, wherein the user output device comprises at least one of the following: a flexible display, a flexible touch screen, a speaker, a light source, a vibrator and the transformable body.
6. The apparatus of claim 1, wherein the remote processing unit is a cloud processing unit.
7. The apparatus of claim 1, wherein the remote processing unit is another apparatus.
8. The apparatus of claim 1, wherein the transformable body comprises at least one of the following substrates: dielectric elastomer, electroactive polymer, ionic polymer-metal composite, ionic gel, carbon nanotube, conductive polymer, ferroelectric polymer, polymer electret, electrostrictive polymer, relaxor ferroelectric polymer, electrostrictive graft-copolymer, liquid crystal elastomer, and mixtures thereof.
9. The apparatus of claim 1, wherein the flexible interconnection comprises at least one of the following materials: conductive polymer, nanotechnology material, metallic conductor in/on stretchable substrate, and combinations thereof.
10. The apparatus of claim 1, wherein at least one component of the apparatus being transparent.
More video on Nokia morph:
READ FULL PATENT